Acupuncture in Fargo - Moorhead
At Two Turtles Acupuncture we have over 25 years combined experience. If you are seeking a new provider or trying it for the first time, we welcome all.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture, like other Oriental therapies, is used to help the body regain balance and thereby eliminate pain and disease. A complex network of over 365 points have been mapped by the Chinese over the course of the past two thousand years. Though it’s just in the past three decades that electromagnetic research has confirmed the existence of these points. They are stimulated by inserting fine needles into the body.
How does it work?
Qi (pronounced chee) is the vital energy which flows throughout the body. If our qi becomes blocked or out of balance then pain and disease result. Chinese Medicine works to restore balance and harmony to the flow of qi and thus return the body to a healthy state. Western research has found that many positive changes occur with acupuncture such as the release of endorphins (natural opiate pain killers), serotonin or cortical hormones. Which explains how acupuncture can produce so many profound changes.
Is it safe?
When performed by a competently trained, licensed professionals, acupuncture is extremely safe. Most, if not all, acupuncturists today use individually packaged, sterile, disposable needles.
Does it hurt?
Insertion of the needles goes unnoticed by some and to others feels like a small pinch followed a sensation of tingling, numbness, aches, traveling warmth or heaviness. Needles remain in place for twenty to forty minutes. Most people are pleased to find that sessions are not uncomfortable and even look forward to them .
Conditions that can be successfully treated with Chinese medicine
- Musculoskeletal- neck, back and shoulder pain, numbness, tingling, sport injuries.
- Respiratory – allergies, colds and flu, chronic cough, sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma.
- Gastrointestinal – indigestion, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, colitis, ulcers, acid reflux.
- Gynecological – irregular, heavy, or painful menstruation, premenstrual syndrome, fibroids, menopausal symptoms, infertility, symptoms associated with pregnancy.
- Cardiovascular – hypertension, palpitations, heart disease, poor circulation.
- Urogenital – painful or difficult urination, incontinence, sexual dysfunction.
- Autoimmune – rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue, HIV/AIDS.
- Addictive & Psychological – nicotine, alcohol, and drug withdrawal, depression, anxiety.
- Prevention & Support – Many problems can be corrected before the use of medications and surgery are required. Acupuncture and Oriental medicine are also effective in conjunction with other therapies like chemotherapy.